3.19.2016

5 Tips For Bloggers and Readers

Let me start with saying: I love blogging tips! As a beginning blogger coming across Katie Grace's blogging tutorials and tips was SO amazing! And so I decided to "return the favor" with 5 Blogging Tips For Bloggers and Readers:


For Bloggers---

1. Keep it Simple

This is a definite must for every blog. Keep it simple. I really hate blogs that are "busy" and "messy". It will totally make me click the x button. So...keep it simple.

2. Make It Professional

Keeping it simple certainly doesn't mean keeping it plain! Actually if a blog is very plain that is another reason I may leave it. Work on making your header, blog button, pictures, text, and pages as professional as you can. It really will make a difference on how many people read your blog!

3. Have a Theme

So this is partly my personal opinion, but I think having a theme is really nice. For example you can look online (Pinterest is a great place to look!) for a color scheme, pick one, and then use only those colors on your blog. I would suggest not going crazy on colors though. Like not having bright blue text and a bright red header. That doesn't look professional!! Keep it Simple. :) Here is a link to Grace in Everything which I would call "themed". Oh! And make sure everything goes together. Like don't have cats in your header if your blog is about cooking. :D

4. Reply to All Comments

This one you probably already do, but I would encourage you to reply to every single comment! I absolutely love to read comments from my readers, but I love just as much to read replies to my comments. :)

5. Learn from Others

This might be the best tip I could give you! Learn from others. Look at your favorite blogs and apply things to your blog that you like. Experiment with different designs and find which ones you like best and which ones fit your blog and it's theme the best. Also, don't be afraid to steal copy people's ideas! Just don't steal all their ideas! :) If you've looked at all the blogs I read I've copied small ideas from tons of different blogs. :)

For Readers---

1. Read Posts

So...you may be thinking this is a little obvious, but to be honest it's very easy for me to skip the blog posts that are long, don't look interesting, aren't applicable, or I just don't want to read. Don't do it! If you really want to be a good blog reader you have to read the blog posts. (yes, even this one :P) But I would suggest you make sure you're really going to read the posts before you subscribe to a blog. :) And if you're reading a blog please follow it! (you know that small button that says "join this site":) The author won't know you're reading their blog until you do and it will often make their day to have a new follower! *winks knowingly*  :)

2. Comment

Comment!!!! I absolutely love to read my readers comments. :) It tells me they actually read the post, and it tells me what they think of my post, plus it encourages me to keep writing! So comment and tell them what you think of their post/blog!

3. Share Posts

If you really liked or were encouraged by a certain post, share it! On Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, by email, with friends, with family, etc. And also tell the author you shared their post. It may make their day!!

4. Give Suggestions

I love when my readers give me suggestions for my blog/blog posts! It helps me know what kind of posts my readers enjoy reading and helps me not have to think of an idea. :D I want to write thing's my readers enjoy reading so don't be afraid to share suggestions!

5. Get Organized

So...I feel a little bad putting this as a tip because I'm sure many of you may care less if you're organized. :) But for people like me who love ways to get more organized her it is: Bloglovin'. A website where you can have all the new blog posts sent to you in one email a day! How it works is you first sign up at Bloglovin. After signing up you can follow as many blogs as you'd like (as well as websites) and then under settings pick to have one email per day with all the new posts from that day. Plus if you're a blogger you can claim your blog. (By the way you'll want to unsubscribe from the other blogs you follow so you don't get 2 emails about the same post:)  It's been so nice for me!!

I hope these tips make sense and help you as a blogger/blog reader! 

                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have any tips for bloggers or blog readers? I would love to hear them---Comment below! I also am going to challenge my readers to do 3 of the things I mentioned above today! Let me know if you do it. :)

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips, Hannah! The 3 that I am trying to do is reply to all comments on my blog, leave more comments on other's blogs, and get more organized! :)
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful Emily! That is great!!

      Delete
  2. I've been looking how to change my page header things to a different format.... any tips on that? Not to computer savvy in that area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! Hmmmmm...do you mean how your pages look on your home page, or what your header looks like...?? I might be able to help!

      Delete
  3. Yes, I do enjoy reading blogging tips! Isn't it wonderful when readers comment! It makes me so happy to know people are reading my posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is so wonderful when readers comment! It helps me be motivated to keep writing too. :)

      Thank you for commenting and following my blog! >3

      Delete
  4. These are good tips. *nodnod* Especially commenting. It is soooo encouraging to know that people are actually reading and interacting with your content.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is super encouraging! And I love reading your blog posts! They've NEVER been boring! :)

      Delete
  5. This is a great post that all bloggers NEED to read. SIMPLE! SHORT! READ POSTS! I loved how you included five tips for reading blogs, because people tend to forget about that side of blogging, but it is the most important part, if I may say so myself.

    FJDKSALF;JDSAKLFJ YOU LINKED ME AS A THEMED BLOG AND IT MAKES ME SO THANKFUL!!!!! You're the best, Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH, Hannah!!! This made my day. :) I love your blog SO much!!

      Delete
  6. Hi Hannah!
    Checking out your blog because you commented on mine! :) Your blog is beautiful. I'm your newest follower.
    Keep living for him!
    Bonnie
    www.blessingsofbonnie.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you SO much for following! I'm really looking forward to more of your posts. :) They look really good!

      Delete
  7. Replying to all comments is a big one. I reply to all of mine via email. It takes a day or two to do this, but to me, it is the right thing to do. It is the least I can do when someone takes the time to read my humble blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that you reply to all comments! It's a good thing to do. :)

      Delete
  8. I like your post! I love reading comments, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, comments are SO fun to get and to read! :)

      Delete
  9. Nice tips!!! They are very helpful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kiley! And thank you so much for following! :) >3

      Delete

I absolutely love getting comments! They always put a smile on my face, happiness in my heart, and making blogging totally worth it, so I would love if you would comment and tell me what you think!

I ask only that every word you say is completely appropriate and completely honors God. Thank you so much! :)