5.07.2016

The Summer Before You



Summer. Doesn't that word fill you with excitement? :D No school, vacation, getting tons of things done, and spending time with family and friends. Summer is such a fun time of the year! But this post I'm going to talk about not just having fun this summer, but making big goals for yourself and sticking to them!

What are goals? They are: "the result or achievement toward which effort is directed". So in other words, goals are things that we aim for and want to achieve. It could be fitness goals, eating goals, computer goals, writing goals, reading goals...pretty much anything that you want to achieve and make happen!

But why are goals important? Well, I think goals are really important because they give you a vision of who you want to become. You might want to make a goal to stop a certain habit, become better fit, read 1oo books in a year, or be more diligent in your quiet times. But I would really encourage you to make lots of goals this summer! Don't let the summer go by without you achieving big things! Don't let it go by without you making a difference in someone's life as well as your own. 

So to give you an idea of what different goals could look like I'm going to share some of my summer goals with you. :) Notice how I have a variety of goals from fitness and keeping hydrated to keeping up with my quiet times and spending time with siblings:

//Exercise every day
// Spend time with my little brother every day
// Stop my habit of biting my fingernails (this could be an extremely hard one to break! :)
// Spend a maximum time of 30 min on the computer (there will be exceptions though!)
// Never miss a day of doing my quiet time
//Drink all of the water I'm suppose to get each day 
//Write my whole novel this summer (that will be a stretch, but...you have to make big goals, right? :)

Having goals for this summer gets me excited! It gives me a vision for what I want to become by the end of the summer. I don't want to be the same person by the time school comes around.  I want to break different habits of mine like spending way too much time on the computer, skipping my quiet time because I really just don't feel like doing it, not spending time with my siblings, as well as many other things I didn't want to share. :)

But I think the point of this post is not to show you all the goals that I have, but for me to really encourage you to think of your summer in a new way. To not just think of it as tons of free time to spend away. To not think of it as just having fun. But to think of it as what goals would God want me to have? How would He want me to spend my time? And what things do I need to do to make that happen?

So I would encourage you today to write down a long list of everything you want to accomplish this summer. It could be as small as reading 5 books or as big as stopping your habit of getting angry. Make big goals for yourself and remember that you have a big God who can help you reach them!


Don't be the same person after this summer. 

12 comments:

  1. This was a lovely post. I love thinking about goals and setting some - it helps to keep your free time a bit structured and have something to work towards.

    Have an amazing summer! Over here it is heading into winter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bonnie! And that's funny that you're heading into winter! I guess you can have "winter goals"! =D

      Delete
  2. I also desperately need to stop biting my nails, it's hard though. Also this summer I want to finish at least one or two of my stories, work on being less paranoid about things, and stop constantly comparing myself to others.
    Thanks for the awesome and inspiring post! I can't wait for summer. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is extremely hard to stop biting nails. :) Your goals are awesome! Thank you for commenting!!

      Delete
  3. What a great post! I agree that it's so important to have goals. I usually set monthly goals for myself, but I'll need to challenge myself some more this summer. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily! Yes, it is super important! And that is awesome that you make monthly goals...goals are so helpful!

      Delete
  4. Hello Hannah. I may have come across your profile and the blog on the blogger earlier but I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to get to know you and get connected with you becaue of who you are in the lORD JESUS CHRIST. stoping by your post was so encouraging to know how you are making your blog post readers to spend their vacation in a different way and what goals God wants me to have accomplish during summer vacation. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India and I love to get connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 3 7 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. we also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. we would love to have you come to Mumbai with your friends during your vacation time. I am sure you will have alife changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends and also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the year 2016

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for commenting, Mr. Wankhede! I am glad that you enjoyed reading my post and that is so neat that you're reaching out to the lost in India!! It would be very cool to visit there someday. :)

      Delete
  5. This was such a good post, Hannah! I'll definitely be taking your advice and trying not to be the same person after this summer :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Savannah! And yes, don't be the same. :)

      Delete
  6. Those are some great goals!
    I've found drinking more water REALLY helps. It's annoying and hard to remember, but it makes my skin feel amazing.
    Hmm... I should think up a goal list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Yes, it does make you feel a whole lot better. But it is sometimes a bit annoying. :)

      And yes do!!!

      Delete

I absolutely love getting comments! They always put a smile on my face, happiness in my heart, and making blogging totally worth it, so I would love if you would comment and tell me what you think!

I ask only that every word you say is completely appropriate and completely honors God. Thank you so much! :)