6.14.2016

" The Pursuit of God" Book Review

Hello again to all my amazing readers! 
I'm here *again* with a book review. ;) This was an amazing book though so if you don't want to read the review at least log away the title. ;D Anyway, I think I'll have one more book review sometime in the next few weeks and then a break...so enjoy! 

The Pursuit of God is an inspirational book that aims to guide those who wish to follow Christ. It includes biblical teachings that emphasize the concept of pursuing God. The concept of seeking God should be evident in the context of obtaining a genuine relationship between the Creator and the creature. Man must consider God as not only a creator , but the one who sustains life; hence, all creatures must depend solely on Him.

The Pursuit of God is a life changing book! Each chapter was absolutely packed with amazing principles. I love this quote from the book that says: "Everything is safe which we commit to Him, and nothing is really safe which is not so committed.” There were so many truths like this packed into this book. It made me see how Jesus really is everything. We don't need people or stuff to be happy...we just need Him. He is our everything and if we deeply pursue Him we will gain everything even if we have nothing. I was deeply encouraged in my walk with God through reading this book and I'm sure you will be too!

"I received this book from Moody Publishers for this review."


13 comments:

  1. Oh, I've heard about this book before, and seen lots of quotes from it around the internet. It sounds like something I'll definitely have to read one day. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that would be awesome if you could read it someday Jessica!! And your welcome. I love sharing books I like! What are some of your favorite books??

      Delete
  2. What a great quote... I'll have to get this one soon. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily!! Let me know if you read it. =)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful review Hannah, I enjoyed it! I own this book (my amazing bible study leader gave it to me), and I really like it :).
    (also, about my blog, it's private so I can't give you a link to it, but if you email my mom (theperrans AT cox DOT net) I'll invite you!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Savannah!!! Yes, it's a great book. That is cool that you've read it!

      I'll definitely email your mom! =) Thank you!!

      Delete
    2. I'm glad I was given it, because it probably wasn't a book I would have chosen, but it was actually pretty good!

      Okay, great! (also, I just wanted to check to make sure you hadn't already emailed and my mom missed it, because she hasn't seen the email come through yet)

      Delete
    3. Yes, I know. ;) I heard it was really good so that's how I got it!

      And I just emailed your mom about a second ago. =) Thank you for letting me see your blog!!!

      Delete
  4. Great review, Hannah!!
    -Ariel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, and yes, I also looove that quote you posted. So, so true!
      -Ariel

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Ariel!! And I loooove that quote too. :) It is so true in our lives! There are many good quotes in The Pursuit of God and I have a few pages with a lot underlined. ;D

      Delete
  5. OOH I LOVE THIS BOOK. :) Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's a great book. Thanks!

      Delete

I absolutely love getting comments! They always put a smile on my face, happiness in my heart, and making blogging totally worth it, so I would love if you would comment and tell me what you think!

I ask only that every word you say is completely appropriate and completely honors God. Thank you so much! :)