7.16.2016

The Future Before You

Hello and happy Saturday to all my readers!
I have a quick announcement before I start into my real post. I recently started another blog, "Radiant". This blog is going to be for Christian girls where I'll share shorter posts with quotes, poems, thoughts, etc. I won't be posting too much at this point of my life, but as I get busier and head off to college I'll pretty much just post on this one. Just wanted to let you know! Here is the link if you'd like to look at it. ;)



The future. Doesn't that word "future"send shivers up your spine? ;) The future is a scary place to think about. So many unknowns...where will I got to college? What career will I choose? Will I find a job? Who will I marry? Where will I live? These questions can constantly plague us and turn into fears of...what if I can't get accepted into college? What if I fail? What if I can't find a job? What if I remain single? What if I'm persecuted for my faith? What if...these type of questions go on and on and can cause us to live in fear and dive into depression. I've experience these fears too many times to count. It has made me want to just stop living. Fear the future. And recently I've been challenge to step back and think differently...

Right now I'm reading an amazing book called "Loving God with All Your Mind". At first when one of my friends recommend it I assumed it was probably another "good" book telling me to read my Bible, be nice to others, and love my enemies(all excellent things to do but...you know what I mean...I've heard that a million times...;D) But she raved about it so much (haha...love you Hosanna!) that I decided to get it. As I began reading it I was deeply challenged. The first section was on training your thoughts...my thought life isn't always the most honoring to God and I've wanted to work on it for a while and so this chapter was very good and really challenged me in that area. Mrs. George took the verse Philippians 4:8 (whatever is true, whatever is noble...) and then showed how this is a command in the Bible to think on only what is true. She talked about how we must think on what is true about the past, present, and future. Fears about the future cripple us from becoming the men and woman God want us to become. We fear disasters, finances, singleness, parenting, aging, illnesses, suffering, and dying. But God says "no" to fear. He calls us to think on what is real about our future. You aren't in a car accident so you don't need to think on the possibility, you aren't tragically dying so you don't need to dwell on the prospect...I'm not saying we should deny all possibility's of these things happening to us or not try and drive safely or be careful, but I'm saying we must have true, noble, and right thoughts about our future. We must think about now. How we can live today dwelling on what is real...what is true.

I'll end this post with these promises from God's word taken from the book "Loving God with All your Mind" :


  • Nothing will ever happen to you that God does not already know about
  • Nothing will ever happen to you that is a mistake
  • Nothing will ever happen to you that you can not handle by God's power and grace
  • Nothing will ever happen to you that will not eventually be used by God for some good purpose in your life
  • Nothing will ever happen to you without God's presence
"Friends, remember that the future is not real. The future exists only in the imagination. Then when the future arrives...whether in the the minute, hour, or tomorrow...you will-and by God's grace, you can!- deal with it then, when it is truly present and real"*

Have an amazing weekend everyone and remember that God holds your futures! 

*Loving God with All Your Mind" by Elizabeth George

20 comments:

  1. Wow, that's definitely something so important to remember! The future can seem scary if we don't remember Who's in charge. ;) Thanks for sharing with us, and congrats on your new blog, too! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really is! And totally. It can seem like everything is falling apart when it really is only falling into place. =) You're welcome and thank YOU for all your super sweet comments!

      Delete
  2. Wow, Hannah. Great, great post. You have wonderful thoughts on this subject. 'Loving God with all your Mind' sounds like something I would want to read!
    And I'm looking forward to more posts on Radiant!!
    -Ariel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ariel!!! And that would be wonderful if you could read "Loving God with All Your Mind". =) I'd love to hear what you think of it if you do! Do you have a Goodreads account?? I'm on there and it is super fun if you are a book-lover. ;) And do you mind me emailing your mom about joining your blog? I forgot the other time you mentioned it. ;D

      Aw, thank you, sweet girl, for all your comments!!

      Delete
    2. No, I don't have a Goodreads account. I think my sister should get one, though. She's a major book worm! ;)
      Of course I don't mind! E-mail her whenever you like!
      And you are welcome! =)
      -Ariel

      Delete
    3. *whispers* actually, I know your email address Hannah, so you needn't bother emailing our mom :). I'll add you onto Ariel's blog straight away!

      Delete
    4. Oh! Awesome. =) Thank you Savannah!!

      Delete
  3. Hahaha...I'm glad that you are enjoying the book. ;) I didn't rave about it *that* much, did I? And thanks for the reminder!! Though I read the book for myself, it's so easy to forget. I think we constantly need to be training our thoughts!!

    I'm excited to check out your new blog. =)

    //Hosanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I totally am! :) And no, you can never rave too much about a book that good. ;D And you're welcome! I should be thanking you though for sharing the book!! =) You are so right though...we have to remind ourselves constantly because it's so easy to forget. =)

      Thank you for commenting, Hosanna!! <3

      Delete
  4. Thank you for letting God use you to inspire others. You have inspired me through this post. Thank you Hannah. You are such a sweet, God-fearing girl! :)

    Have a great weekend!

    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sevenbloggersandtheirdolls.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Allie! Your comment was so sweet. :) Thank you!!!

      Delete
  5. *aggressively likes that quote* Good post! I like muchly. *nods* I've been dwelling a lot about training your mind according to Philippians 4:8 lately, so I should try to find this book you speak of! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. **aggressively likes that quote with you** ;) Oh, that is so cool that you are trying to train your mind as well!! It is a very hard thing to do, but so important. =) And yes, you should totally get the book! It's been amazing so far. =)

      Thank you for your comment, Hannah!!!

      Delete
  6. Love those promises. So very encouraging! The future is indeed a bit scary, unless you think about it in the light of God already knowing what your future is :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they really are so encouraging! I've found that these promises can help me not to worry about any situation in my life too. And you are so right! The future is scary until we know WHO is holding it! =)

      Thank you for your comment, Savannah!

      Delete
  7. Wow, great post, Hannah! Lovely quote...I'll be hunting for that book. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Faith!! And that would be wonderful if you could get the book! =)

      Delete
  8. I really enjoyed your post, Hannah! :) I think we have the book "Loving God With All Your Mind", so I'll have to read it sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, I just wanted to let you know that I tagged you for the By The Book Tag. If you'd like to participate here is the link: http://rebekahashleigh.blogspot.com/2016/07/by-book-tag.html

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad that you enjoyed my post, Rebekah! Ooooh, you have the book? That is awesome! I'm actually still reading in it, but it's been really good. =)

      And thank you so much!!! I'll definitely do it. =)

      Thank you for your comments, Rebekah!

      Delete

I absolutely love getting comments! They always put a smile on my face, happiness in my heart, and making blogging totally worth it, so I would love if you would comment and tell me what you think!

I ask only that every word you say is completely appropriate and completely honors God. Thank you so much! :)