7.09.2016

"The Old River Road" Book Release


---Exciting post today!!---

How can it already be here??? The long awaited day is here...I get to be apart of "The Old River Road" book release!! =) Yesterday was the release day and today I will be posting a review for this book plus getting to host the author on my blog. I loved reading this book and I hope you will get a chance to read it as well ---


 Meet Ivy Rose and her debut novel, The Old River Road. This book is the first in a series of a yet-to-be-determined number of books based on the lives of the author’s ancestors. Written in a style similar to that of Janette Oke and Laura Ingalls Wilder, this is a story you won’t want to miss.

REVIEW.

1885

When seventeen-year-old Clara Boutwell married her dashing coworker, William McDonald, she was convinced her life was near perfect. The journey before them as newlyweds in the great city of Chicago was promising and exciting. But a frightening disease soon takes William in its grip, forcing them to the clean air of the western frontier in a desperate attempt to save his life. But pioneering doesn’t prove to be easy, with miles between neighbors instead of fences. On the eastern Washington prairies, the McDonalds face hardships and trials in a new world where everything is tested, from physical endurance to emotional strength—down to their relationship and faith in the Lord.

This novel tells the incredible true story of Clara and William, the great-great grandparents of the author, in a sweet narrative full of laughter, tears, and the struggles of an early pioneering family. Prepare yourself to share in their experience as you read this account of a pioneer family in Washington state, and see their lasting legacy that has endured into the fifth generation.
                  Available now in paperback and ebook on Amazon. Add on Goodreads

 
 Wow. This book was such a fun cozy read! It was sweet to see William and Clara's romance in the beginning and then even after they got married and had children. It reminded me a lot of Janette Oke's style of writing and the Laura Ingalls Wilder books. It was a heartwarming book and I loved reading it! I was impressed by all the research that must have went in to it. =) I never felt like it was boring or un-interesting...I always was ready to sit down in my cozy chair and pick it up. ;) Overall all I enjoyed this book so much and would recommend it to anyone!! I also appreciated that there was romance that was sweet, yet clean. =) Ivy Rose did an absolutely fantastic job with this book and I thoroughly enjoyed reading "The Old River Road"!!!! 

 ~


 ABOUT THE AUTHOR.








Ivy Rose is an 18 year old history lover and literary enthusiast. Aside from writing, she enjoys being outdoors, chocolate, travelling, reading, and ATVing (preferably if there is mud involved). She resides with her family of 9 on the banks of the Long Lake in eastern Washington.



You can connect with Ivy via her blog, Goodreads, and Pinterest.









INTERVIEW.

Now we will be welcoming the author of this amazing book for an interview...welcome Ivy!

1. When did you decide to write your novel?
I’ve needed to write this book for about eight years now, so when my mom asked if I’d like this to be my senior project, I jumped at the opportunity. :) I wrote most of it during NaNo of 2015.


2. How was this story inspired?

It was inspired by the lives of my Great-great grandparents. My GG-Grandma, Clara McDonald, wrote an 8 page memoir when she was in her seventies. It told of she and her family’s early pioneer life. I just happened to stumble across the document and saw great potential for a story.


3. What has been your greatest resource throughout the process of writing your book?

My greatest resource has been Clara’s memoirs. She was very detailed in them, giving me more information than I could ever hope to pack into one book.


4. How long have you been writing "The Old River Road" and who/what has been your greatest encouragement?
I started writing it 9 months ago for NaNo of 2015. My mom has definitely been my greatest encouragement throughout the process.


5.  What is your best writing advice for a writer?
Remember that it is Him you are writing for. Even if you never share your work with the world, write stories that would make Him proud. No one else’s opinion matters. :)
 ~
Thank you Ivy for your answers!! It was wonderful having you. =)

GIVEAWAY.

Now for the giveaway...*drum roll*...



The Old River Road Prize Pack
International Prize


Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!! =) I'd love for you to comment and let me know if you've read this book or if you're planning on reading it! :)

6 comments:

  1. As you know of course, I've read "The Old River Road", and I loved it! Your interview was neat. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm so glad you got to read it!! It was awesome. And thanks! Ivy's answers were really cool! You did an awesome job on your post too!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for having me here, Hannah! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome Ivy! Thank YOU for letting me be apart of your big day!!!

      Delete
  3. This book sounds really good. It definitely sounds like a book I would enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope you can read it sometime soon!!

      Delete

I absolutely love getting comments! They always put a smile on my face, happiness in my heart, and making blogging totally worth it, so I would love if you would comment and tell me what you think!

I ask only that every word you say is completely appropriate and completely honors God. Thank you so much! :)