10.08.2016

"Thy Will Be Done"

                                                                
          
                                                                              "Thy Will"

I’m so confused
I know I heard You loud and clear
So, I followed through
Somehow I ended up here
I don’t wanna think
I may never understand
That my broken heart is a part of Your plan
When I try to pray
All I’ve got is hurt and these four words

Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Thy will be done

I know You’re good
But this don’t feel good right now
And I know You think
Of things I could never think about
It’s hard to count it all joy
Distracted by the noise
Just trying to make sense
Of all Your promises
Sometimes I gotta stop
Remember that You’re God
And I am not
So

Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Like a child on my knees all that comes to me is
Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Thy will

I know You see me
I know You hear me, Lord
Your plans are for me
Goodness You have in store
I know You hear me
I know You see me, Lord
Your plans are for me
Goodness You have in store
So

Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Like a child on my knees all that comes to me is
Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Thy will be done

I know You see me
I know You hear me, Lord

------♥------

This is one of the most beautiful songs I've heard. The lyrics are so powerful. My favorite part of the song is when it says:

"Sometimes I gotta stop
  Remember that You’re God 
 And I am not"

How often do we forget that we're not God? His plans aren't our's, His ways aren't our's...and yet His plans are better. When I'm going through a difficult time and I start to question "Why, God?" this song has helped me so much just to be able to say "Thy Will Be Done". I hope you are encouraged to be able to do the same! If you would like to listen to this beautiful song you can do that here.

10 comments:

  1. Yes! I've been blessed by this song before.

    The first versed got me thinking about how even when we know we heard God "loud and clear" and even when we follow through, there will still be times when we feel hurt, confused and broken-hearted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you've been blessed by this song, Jordy!

      And, YES. You're sooo right. God's will is not going to just give us happy sunny days. His ways are so much higher than ours, aren't they?

      Delete
  2. I have been hearing this song a lot lately, and I love the lyrics so much! Especially the part that you pointed out- remembering that He's God and we're not.
    Thank you for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love it too! I'm so glad you've listened to it and it's blessed you. ♥

      Delete
  3. This is so beautiful, Hannah! Such a pretty song - thank you for sharing :).

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thank you for reading this post. You're sweet! ♥

      Delete
  4. Wow...such a lovely song. ♥ This song is so perfect for those going through a hard time. The words really relate to what I was feeling last month after loosing Kalem...the first day that was all I could say. Blessed be the Name of the Lord. Even when you can't see Jesus, He's there with you! I hope this song touches lives. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, isn't it so gorgeous?? ♥ I know...it's helped me when I've gone through hard times and I'm sure it will bless so many people like you said. And yes, I'm sure it was really, really hard to be able to just say "Your will be done". As humans we want our will naturally and so it hurts when "God pries our fingers open" as Corrie Ten Boom says. I hope it will touch lives as well! ♥

      Delete
  5. GIRL! *wipes tears* This is sooo beautiful!!! This year has been harder for us than most years, so seriously, this song reminds me of all we've gone through and that no matter what, God was there, He was in control, watching over us the whole time. Thanks SO much for posting this!
    -Ariel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you're so sweet Ariel!!! I am SO sorry for what you're going through, sweetie. I know that trials are so difficult and pain and hurt can be just so hard, but always remember that there is Someone who is always ready to give you rest from your pain and that He loves you tremendously. I don't know if you've heard this song, but "Worn" by Tenth Avenue North has spoken to my heart many times through pain. Love that song and the amazing reminder it brings! Love you so much, girl!!!

      Delete

I absolutely love getting comments! They always put a smile on my face, happiness in my heart, and making blogging totally worth it, so I would love if you would comment and tell me what you think!

I ask only that every word you say is completely appropriate and completely honors God. Thank you so much! :)