2.23.2016

Introducing My Series: Extraordinary People of the Past


                         
                                                           Hello again to all my readers!

I am going to be starting a new series called "Extraordinary People of the Past" and wanted to give a introduction to it before my first post. I'm really excited to begin writing this series because I think I will learn a lot from writing it and I hope you will learn a lot from reading it! ( : I think there is a tremendous amount of things we can learn from people who have already "fought the fight, finished the race, and kept the faith". Each one has a courage, trust, and faith that is definitely beyond ordinary!

So...who am I going to be writing about? Well, for the most part I'm not going to tell you. :) And to be honest I don't even know who all I'm going to be writing about, but I'm guessing I'll write some posts about people you have heard of and you know the story pretty well (e.g. Corrie Ten Boom, George Muller, Eric Liddel), but I also aim to find people that you haven't heard of (and maybe I haven't heard of until then!). ( : My hope is that your faith and trust in God will be strengthened (and mine as well) as you learn about men and women who have fully surrendered their lives to Jesus Christ!

When will I be posting? I'm going to try to post every Saturday although I may have other random posts throughout the week. Another thing I'm going to be doing is adding links to books and movies about these people at the end of each post so if there is a certain person you would like to learn more about you can do so.

Anyway, that's a little bit about this series and I hope you will enjoy reading it in the weeks to come! Thank you for bearing with me on this incredibly boring posts! :D

If you have read or heard of any "extraordinary" people I would love any recommendations for posts in this series. Comment below!

8 comments:

  1. GREAT idea, Hannah!! And it's not at all boring. :)
    Someone you could do might be Lillian Trasher. I had never heard of her until a few years ago, when I did a "Living History" event, and went as her. Oh, and Sundar Singh. Those two are the first two I thought of! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! Those are great ideas for people to write about! We read about both of them a long time ago, but I don't really remember much so it would be great to do a post on them. Do you have any posts coming up? I can't wait to read them!

      Delete
    2. Yes, and I might "borrow" the idea from you to do a series about something! ;D

      Delete
    3. That would be fine, Emily! I actually borrowed the idea from Hosanna. :D

      Delete
    4. Lol...I don't mind when you borrow my posts. ;) Keep borrowing, and I'll keep sharing! Actually, Hannah, I was thinking of doing a similar series when I first made my blog...I haven't yet, so I'll wait and not copy you! =)

      Delete
    5. Oh, neat Hosanna! You could still do it...I don't mind at all. :D

      Delete
  2. The series sounds like a fun, educational, and inspirational read! I am VERY excited to learn more about it and read your posts! Today I learned about Perpetua. You might like to look at her life. =) She died for Jesus, bending her knee to let the guards kill her. It is a sad story about a lovely lady of faith! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hosanna! I've watched a Torchlighters movie about Perpetua...SO sad. ) ; They have such an incredible faith!

      Delete

I absolutely love getting comments! They always put a smile on my face, happiness in my heart, and making blogging totally worth it, so I would love if you would comment and tell me what you think!

I ask only that every word you say is completely appropriate and completely honors God. Thank you so much! :)