4.30.2016

Author Interview//Amanda Tero


On this Saturday I have a very exciting post! I have the privilege of interviewing author Amanda Tero! I hope you enjoy getting to know this incredible author and checking out some of her books! =)


1. When did you first start writing?

The first story I wrote was probably when I was seven. At least, the papers are written on wide-rule paper, the letters scribbled over two lines. :) It was written skit-style and was about six pages. I didn't really seriously begin to write until I was about ten.

2. Do you have any funny writing quirks?

Hmm... I mean, I think most authors make facial expression as they're trying to describe them, so is that considered a funny writing quirk? I can't think of any others. :)

3. Do you listen to music when you write? 

No I do not. Even though I'm a musician, I find that the music tends to distract me -- that might be because I'm a musician and my brain is trying to analyze the music I'm writing instead of using it as a soundtrack to my writing.

4. What is your favorite author and book? 

I know you probably mean "besides God and the Bible" (which is hands-down the best!) ... I like a lot of different authors. Janette Oke has been the author I've read the most of that I like. For Indie authors, Alicia (Willis) Jones is definitely my favorite. Other authors like Anne Mateer, Beverly Lewis, Roseanna White, Faith Blum, Kelsey Bryant, Sarah Holman, Tracie Peterson, and Francine Rivers I have read some of their books and liked them as well--but there is always the possibility that I haven't or wouldn't like all of their books. For non-fiction, I like Elizabeth George.

5. What things do you do when you're not writing?

Well, actually, writing is my hobby. :) So usually I'm doing a lot of other stuff and writing is just thrown in there. I teach piano and violin, arrange hymns (www.withajoyfulnoise.com), transcribe music for other Christian composers, do music with my family ministry, read, am a photographer and graphics designer, clean the kitchen, plus a lot of other random things that comes as being a part of a large family. :)

6. Coffee or tea?

Usually, coffee -- though I'm not addicted to it.

7. Favorite resources for writing?

Books. :) The internet is useful, and I do use it a lot, but I really like having reference books in my hands!

8. What is your best advice for any writer? 

Seek first and foremost to follow and please God. It is so easy to get pulled into writing "what I think will sell" instead of writing the less popular topics that God is leading me to write. 

About the Author

Amanda Tero is a homeschool graduate who desires to provide God-honoring, family-friendly reading material. She has enjoyed writing since before ten years old, but it has only been since 2013 that she began seriously pursuing writing again – starting with some short stories that she wrote for her sisters as a gift. Her mom encouraged her to try selling the stories she published, and since then, she has begun actively writing short stories, novellas, and novels.

Blog Links- 
With A Joyful NoiseAmanda Tero 

Book Links
 Amanda Tero Books
______________________________________________________________________________

Thank you so much Amanda for doing the interview with me! For all of you readers I would encourage you to check out her books and her blogs! Both of her blogs are wonderful and I'm looking forward to reading some of her books soon. :)

7 comments:

  1. What an exciting post, Hannah! I'm glad you got to do this interview!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! Yes, I am so glad I got to do it too!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this! Her books look really good! I am hoping to be able to read some of them soon! =) (and I have a lot in common with her too, which is funny!) =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, Hosanna! Yes, they do look really good! I'm thinking of doing a giveaway for one of her books pretty soon...=)

      Delete
    2. Ooh!!! That sounds VERY exciting!!! =D

      Delete
  3. Wow! This interview is so cool! :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love getting comments! They always put a smile on my face, happiness in my heart, and making blogging totally worth it, so I would love if you would comment and tell me what you think!

I ask only that every word you say is completely appropriate and completely honors God. Thank you so much! :)