9.24.2016

I Need You: A Guest Post

I'm so excited for this post!
I'm having my first guest post!!! I get to host the amazing, beautiful Megan from Pen and Ink. I recently found her beautiful blog and started following it. Megan is amazing with words as you'll soon find out. :) So anyway without further ado...



I am so grateful that Hannah asked me to do this post! I have always loved reading her blog, and it's super special for me to get to post on it! Thank you, Hannah!! ♥

I want to be brave. I think I can do it myself. I think I can get through this trial on my own. I am hurting, but headstrong, and I don't want to let myself or anybody else down, so I try again
and again
and again.

I foolishly ignore my King who offers to carry my burdens and I stomp my stubborn feet and insist on lugging them by myself. I constantly go in circles because maybe I can do it this time. Maybe this will be my day. 
Maybe I am strong enough.
Brave enough.
Good enough.
But I'm not. 

The truth is, no matter how hard I try, I can't do this thing alone. It takes so much more than I could ever hope to have. I can't change myself, I can't make myself better, I can't save myself. I realize that I am destitute and broken on my own. My soul longs for Him to empty my hands and root the pride and selfishness out of me, and as I cry to Him, He brings me to a place of sweet surrender, where I can finally see that I truly need Him more than anything that I have ever needed before. I can't do it, but I know that He can. I know that through Him, I don't have to worry about how I will get the strength to last through this next hard day, this heartache, or this problem, because He is my Strength. And when my rebel heart finally comes back to His loving arms, He covers me in His beautiful, mind-blowing grace and whispers to my soul to let it go.

And with every beat of my heart, I can feel it pulsing through me:

I need You. 

I need You.

Oh, Lord, I need You.

8 comments:

  1. Yes.. I need to contemplate this more - how much I need Him. Like, I could not even breathe, let alone do anything else, without God, and yet, I still try.

    So yes, thank-you Megan (and Hannah)! This post was a blessing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so stubborn about life sometimes, but it is SO true...I would not be alive if it wasn't for HIM.

      Thank you so much for your kind words, Jessica! :) ♥

      Delete
  2. This an amazing post! Thank you so much Megan and Hannah, for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so wonderfully put. I might copy it into my journal, if that's alright with you ladies???

    Have a blessed day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bonnie!! :') You are more than welcome to use it! :) ♥

      Delete
  4. This was an awesome post, Megan and Hannah!
    It's so amazing how we literally couldn't do anything without God! And yet sometimes we "foolishly ignore our King who offers to carry our burdens..."
    It also reminds me of the Matt Redman song "Lord I need you"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Josiah! Yes, I LOVE that song! :)

      Delete

I absolutely love getting comments! They always put a smile on my face, happiness in my heart, and making blogging totally worth it, so I would love if you would comment and tell me what you think!

I ask only that every word you say is completely appropriate and completely honors God. Thank you so much! :)