2.02.2017

Celebrating a Year of Blogging...and Farewell



I can't believe it. 

A year of blogging. 

How could it have happened??? Time just slipped past me and now I'm looking back on a whole year of blogging. 

I can still remember excitedly telling my friend Emily that I was thinking of starting a blog and getting even more excited when she told me that she was working on starting one as well! I remember being so full of happiness and excitement I almost burst. (i can still picture it all in my mind...:) 

...Then it took so long to pick a name. I had a wonderful name ready, but it was already taken and everything I liked someone had already taken. I did get a little frustrated by it, but finally decided after some help from my friend Hosanna on "Completely For Him". And so I clicked the "Create Blog" button and came into a whole world of...blogger

Goodness, it looked so complicated! And so I poured out my frustrations to Hosanna and she was able to help me navigate the world of Blogger. It took so many hours and hours to finally get an acceptable looking blog. I hit the Publish button and bam! My blog could be seen by the world. I wrote my welcoming post and started thinking, planning, and making so many changes. 

I wrote my first real post(which took me a long time!:D) and it was well...alright. Haha. Looking back I feel slightly ashamed at my "elementariness" although it wasn't a bad post. It got a grand total of 2 commenters(my two friends Hosanna and Emily;D). And so my blogging journey began...

There were so many ups and downs. Frustrations and joys. There were times I wanted to throw the keyboard and times I wanted to hug my blog and all the joy it brought me. It wasn't always easy, but I truly did love it and all the people I was meeting...

And my blog grew. It grew across the internet to more and more followers(often thanks to myself commenting on others blogs...that was a season *sigh*xD). I soon started Monthly Highlights posts, tags, and many more fun posts. I loved the comments and often the attention and love I felt when people noticed me

And then I was challenged...

Through a message by Leslie Ludy I was personally convicted of just how self-centered many of my blog posts were. Many of the posts didn't point to God, they pointed to me. And I secretly loved that. But God convicted me of this and I began to get a vision for a blog that was completely about Him. It wasn't easy, but I made some changes that I hope pointed more to Him than to myself. 

And he was faithful. So very faithful. So many times I got self-centered. I forgot the blog was about Him and got caught up in how many followers I had, got frustrated when I lost a follower, and compared how many comments I got to the blogs around me. I was so often selfish and prideful...but He was there to guide me on this journey. To always lead me back to surrender to Him. 

I want as you read this post to see how God is so faithful. This blogging journey hasn't been always easy. I've wanted to give up sometimes, but He has been faithful. He is the one thing that has never changed. And I want to remind you, dear reader, of that fact. Even when nothing seems to be sure our God is a God who never changes. And as I end this blogging journey I want you to never forget that. Life changes, people change, but our God never changes. Let us rejoice in his faithfulness as we celebrate this 1 year blogiversary and end of this chapter. An end always brings a beginning to something else. And when it's God's will it's always something better. So let us rejoice!

And now lets move on to the rest of the blog post. Some statistics, an interview, thank you's, a questionnaire, and farewells. (okay...don't let me cry!...it's not a farewell...just a new beginning*smile*)

Let's start with some fun statistics. :)

STATISTICS...

Page Views - 15, 087 (this includes all of my page views as well I'm pretty sure;)

Comments - 861 (cut that in half for the "real" comments:)

Followers - 42

Posts - 72

First Commenter - Katie Grace from A Writers Faith! :)

First Real Post - Deepening Your Relationship With Him

My Favorite Post - An Undivided Heart

Most Viewed Post - An Undivided Heart - 173 page views

Most Commented Post - April Highlights (sort of creepy xD) - 31 comments

How My Blog Header Has Changed...


My first header...it didn't stay up for too long. =)


Second header...this is the one I had up the longest.


My new header + name. I love this one the best! :)


A FUN INTERVIEW...

Since Emily's blogiversary is the day before mine we decided to do a fun interview of each other! You can check hers out at her blog A Purpose and a Promise. So here are the questions she asked me-

01.  What is something important that you've learned through having a blog?
Oh...there are so many things!! I've learned to not compare, but to be content. To do it for Jesus and Him only and not worry about pleasing people. I've learned to be radical in my devotion to Jesus and not worry if I'm different than everybody else. I've also learned that I learn and am convicted as I write the post. ;) 

02. What is the hardest thing about blogging?
Probably how time consuming it is. Like it's a lot of work. Writing the post, doing the graphic, proofreading it...I often get tired of being on the computer so long and get frustrated with myself for being on so long. ;) Also I think just not comparing, but being content with how many followers and comments I got. And remembering that it's really not my blog, but His. That can be hard to remember. ;)

03. What is one of your favorite blogging memories?
Haha, I have a lot! I always have wonderful memories when a sweet comment brightened my day. Also laughing with my blogging friends at different funny things(which I won't mention;) has been very fun! =D 

04. Did you have a certain goal in mind when you started a blog? Do you think you've reached that goal?
Very good question. I think my main goal was to be able to reach people beyond my "little world". You can meet so many amazing people online and I wanted to encourage girls in their walk with God. A second reason would be I just wanted to try it! :) And yes, I do think I've reached both goals. =)

05. What is your favorite post, and why?
My favorite post was probably "An Undivided Heart". That post really challenged me and still does today when I read it. I felt like I was able to challenge my readers deeply as well. 

Thank you so much, Emily for doing that with me! That was fun! =)


A QUESTIONNAIRE...


I'd love if you'd take this short questionnaire! It's just a fun little wrap up one that I can get some feedback and also ask a few random questions. Enjoy!



A BIG THANK YOU...

Now, I want to thank my most faithful readers and commenters. I don't know what I would do without all of you!!!

Hosanna - You have been such a blessing to me! Your encouragement, support, and advice have meant so much. Thank you, sweet girl!!


Emily - From start to finish you have been right here. We have had so much fun figuring out this blogging journey together and you have literally commented on almost every single post! Thank you, dear girl!!


 Ariel + Savannah - You Perrans are some of the sweetest people!! Your loving and encouraging comments have meant so much to me!


Jordy, Jessica, Rebekah, and Allie - You all are the best! You have been such faithful supporters and commenters. You all are so amazing!


And to the rest of my blog readers...a big thank you!!! For sticking with me on this blogging journey and reading all of my posts...the good and the bad. ;)  You all are so wonderful!!



FAREWELL...

And as the time for a goodbye has come I will end with this beautiful quote-


Let us end on a very simple note: Let us listen to simple words; our Lord speaks simply: 
Trust Me, My child,” He says. “Trust Me with a humbler heart and a fuller abandon to My will than ever thou didst before. Trust Me to pour My love through thee, as minute succeeds minute. And if thou shouldst be conscious of anything hindering that flow, do not hurt My love by going away from Me in discouragement, for nothing can hurt so much as that. Draw all the closer to Me; come, flee unto Me to hide thee, even from thyself. Tell Me about the trouble. Trust Me to turn My hand upon thee and thoroughly to remove the boulder that has choked thy river-bed, and take away all the sand that has silted up the channel. I will not leave thee until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of. I will perfect that which concerneth thee. Fear thou not, O child of My love; fear not." 
-Amy Carmichael 

35 comments:

  1. Okay.
    So when I first started my blog (hannahrodzzz) and was literally new to the blogging world in March 2016 YOU SOME HOW FOUND ME (When you were named completely for Him) and commented on a page. I had no clue that there was a blogging community or whatver.
    So I went and stalked your blog and behold! I was introduced to so many many writers who are now good friends that I have actually met and wrote a whole novel because of Thier support. SO THANK YOU THANK YOU. You are the big reason behind me knowing all these people and blogging in general. <3333 I think it's awesome that you are breaking away and pursuing what God has in store for you :')
    Good luck!!! This was an awesome last post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I don't mean aweomse by WE WONT MISS your posts. But yo you're going to do great things xD

      Delete
    2. Awww, your comment blessed me so much, Hannah!!! I had no idea I helped you get connected into the blogging community and that really blessed me to hear that. Thank you so much, Hannah, for your support and love! You're so sweet!

      Delete
  2. Happy blogiversary, my sweet friend!! I've had so much fun on this journey with you, and you've really taught me a lot of things about blogging. ;)
    Your blog has truly been a bright light pointing others to Jesus, and this post was absolutely beautiful. I hope someday I can write a farewell post as well as you did!
    I'm going to miss your posts from now on, but I'm looking forward to seeing what God has in store for you next! Love you! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Emily! Happy blogiversary to you as well, dear friend! We have had way too much fun, haven't we?? ♥

      And you're so sweet! I'm going to miss blogging so much, but I'm so thankful for friends like you that I'll keep in touch with. :)

      Love you too!!

      Delete
  3. Oh, Hannah! We will miss you! This is such a sweet wrapup post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, Hanne!! You're so sweet! Thank you so much for reading my blog! ♥

      Delete
  4. Lol I just found your blog after reading Emily's blogiversary post and I'm so glad I did. Already in love with your blog :) Congrats!!

    Ellie
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that is so funny, Ellie! (i love your name btw:) I'm sorry I won't be continuing to let you read more! You're so sweet though!!

      Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  5. aww we'll miss you girlie!! <33 I totally understand tho.. *waves* *sniffs* *throws confetti all over*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Sarah! *sniff, sniff* These comments make me want to cry. You're so sweet! Thank you so much for all your love and support!! ♥

      Delete
  6. HANNAH. This was sooo beautiful! *sobs* And that quote... <3
    Apart from the fact that you are leaving *big, big sobs* I loved this post! It was so fun to read your interview, and your journey up to this point is positively AMAZING. God is working in your life in big ways, my friend.
    Wishing you well on this next chapter in your life, sweet girl! =)
    -Ariel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ariel! *sobs with you* I'm going to miss your comments like SO much. ♥ You're so sweet, Ariel and I know YOU are going to do amazing things for God!

      Thank you!! *sniffs* *cries* *hugs*

      Delete
  7. Kind of just want to cry now. I'M GOING TO MISS YOU SO MUCH <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace Anne! Your comment literally made me so happy and so wanting to just cry. *hugs* You are so sweet and I just want to thank you SO much for reading my blog! ♥

      Delete
  8. Happy Blogiversary, Hannah!! :D
    I’ve so enjoyed your blog since I started reading it in April. :) I remember that you commented on my blog and I was so excited so I went and checked out your blog as well. :) I was so excited to find somebody who shared some of the same interests as me. :) I’ve really enjoyed getting to know you, Hannah. I’ll really miss you, but I’m glad that your doing what you feel you should be! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebekah!!

      Thank you, thank you, thank you. For all your encouragement and love. I have so loved getting to know you too and finding a "kindred spirit" :) ♥

      *hugs*

      Delete
  9. What a most beautiful way to end your blog. This post seems to perfectly complete all the ones before it. You've been so incredibly intentional with the way you handle it; it's inspiring. I believe that if - by God's grace - you are just as intentional with the next season of your life (whatever it may entail) you will shine like the light He wants you to be and so showcase His glory to the onlookers.

    I wish you all the best, and may God bless you as you seek to honour Him. And I do so hope that we'll keep in touch.

    Love,
    Jordy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jordy! So much. Your comment(s) are always so thoughtful and loving and sweet. And this one was no different! Thank you so much for your encouragement!!

      And I so want to keep in tough with you too! ♥ Love you!

      Delete
  10. Okay. I just want to thank all of my sweet blog readers again! You guys have absolutely blown away in your comments and in my form. I've wanted to cry. Thank you all SO much! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Hannah! Firstly, it was really nice to read your blogging story - the ups and downs and things God taught you along the way. I like how you point it all back to Him.

    And you are so sweet to personally thank me! It has been a joy to read and comment on your posts.

    All the best with your year, and everything you have planned. Although I'll definitely miss your posts, I have nothing but admiration for your decision. God's got great plans for you girl, and if you ever decide to pop back in and share how He's been working, I'll be here. :) Blessings! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica! Thank you so much! You're so sweet. <3 I'm going to miss your comments a lot and your encouraging words! Your comment means a lot to me. Blessings to you as well, sweet girl!

      Delete
  12. Congratulations on your blogiversary!
    I love your new purpose for your blog! And by the way, your blog itself is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, and thank you! :) <3

      Delete
  13. WOW this is a cool post!! Congrats on three years. That really an achievement!
    Your blog is divine. Rock on! <3 <3

    Sophy
    lavender & blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sofia! You're sweet! ♥

      Delete
  14. Why are you not going to be blogging anymore? I just found you and want to read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Libby!

      Thank you for commenting! I felt like God was wanting me to step away from internet things and focus more here so that is why I stopped. =)

      You're sweet to want to read more though! I hope you find other blogs that you like!

      Delete
    2. I found your blog too and am rather disappointed that you are not posting here anymore! :( Please let me know if you decide to join the blogosphere sometime again.

      Also, your blog is so beautiful!!

      Delete
    3. Aww, you're so sweet, Lilly!!! Comments like these make me ache a little for my blogging days. :) I will most definitely let you know if I start blogging again! I've thought on it some since then and for now I'm not going to, but it's definitely something I may start up again in the future. I'm kind of writing blog types of posts right now just for me personally so sometime I might post them here. We'll see...you're so sweet though! Have a great day, Lilly!

      Delete
    4. Hi Hannah! Ok. That's great!!

      I was wondering...what website/app did you use to create your graphics/headers? I'm looking for one that is clean and without bad templates/pictures. Thanks so much!

      Delete
    5. Hello Lilly!

      I actually bought a template off of Etsy and downloaded it. Here is the link to the one I bought: https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1161038625 Then I made a header using PicMonkey with pictures from Pexels and Unsplash. I hope that helps! Let me know if you have anymore questions!

      Delete
    6. Actually this link is the right one: https://www.etsy.com/listing/247906006/responsive-professional-minimalistic?ref=shop_home_active_1

      Sorry about that!

      Delete
    7. Ok cool! I think I'm going start using Picmonkey. I have been using a different website but didn't like how I had to see the bad/weird graphics. :)

      Thanks so much!!

      Delete
    8. You're so welcome! Happy you're trying it! :)

      Delete

I absolutely love getting comments! They always put a smile on my face, happiness in my heart, and making blogging totally worth it, so I would love if you would comment and tell me what you think!

I ask only that every word you say is completely appropriate and completely honors God. Thank you so much! :)